Accra, Ghana (April 8, 2021) – A digital partnership between AfricaWeb and BBC World Service paves the way for readers of Ghana’s leading news portal GhanaWeb.com, a subsidiary of the former, to read BBC News Pidgin and Hausa articles on GhanaWeb.
The partnership, which took effect from April 1, 2021, will offer for the first time The Comb podcast, a piece of unique and fascinating news and current affairs product of the BBC aimed at younger audiences across the continent.
Situated in the left navigation menu of GhanaWeb’s Africa page, the BBC News section adds up to the many intriguing, educative, and informative categories as it offers existing and new GhanaWeb audiences another way to further engage with in-depth news content in local languages.
“Our partnership with the BBC is part of the AfricaWeb dream of building Africa-wide collaborative relationships to make a more positive impact on the continent,” said Editor-in-Chief of AfricaWeb, Ismail Akwei, said during the launch of the partnership.
The partnership includes offering BBC News in French to audiences in Cameroon via AfricaWeb’s market-leading news portal, CamerounWeb.com.
The overall content offer includes:
· BBC News Minute English – audio bulletins
· The Comb podcast – our weekly Podcast for young Africans
· BBC News Pidgin Minute – audio
· BBC News Pidgin – full-text articles
· BBC News Hausa Minute – audio
· BBC News Hausa – full-text articles
· BBC News Afrique – full-text articles
· World Service English radio – audio