Some angry Youth in the Greater Accra Regional town of Prampram took to the streets to protest against the use of the Ghanaman Centre of Excellence as an isolation centre for suspected Coronavirus (COVID-19) victims.
The Centre had been released by the Ghana Football Association (GFA) for use by the government to quarantine people who are identified through contact tracing as having come into contact with a positive case.
The football regulating agency in a release on Saturday, April 11 expressed the hope that the 1,000-bed facility will help with the fight against the disease.
“Through our Medical Committee, we have gotten in touch with the authorities to make them aware that our facility at Prampram is available for use,” said General Secretary, Prosper Harrison Addo.
“The Centre of Excellence is spacious and we think the facility can be of great help to the government in this challenging time,” the GFA said.
This announcement did not however sit well with the youth who insist that they won’t allow the government use the facility as isolation centre.
To them, the use of the facility will not be in the interest of the fishing town.
Source: Ghana | Angelfmonlinegh.com