Some major public roads in the Kumasi city will be closed down temporary on the 6th March, 2020 during activities to mark the 63rd Independence Day Anniversary Parade at the Baba Yara Sports stadium.
The Ashanti Regional Headquarters of the Ghana Police Service in a release copied to Angel News explained this forms part of the security arrangements for the event.
The following roads will be closed temporarily and be opened after the parade;
- Afful Nkwanta Traffic Light to Stadium
- Asokwa Mall Traffic Light to Stadium
- Unity Oil Station to T.I Ahmadiya SHS
Road from It’s My Kitchen Restaurant to Briginia will be closed to the general motoring public with the exception of those with accreditation who will be allowed to enter the Heroes Park and Hockey Pitch.
On car parks, the police indicated that:
- The Hockey Pitch is designated for Chiefs and their entourages.
- The Heroes Park is for the Diplomatic Corps, MPs, Ministers of State and other invited Guests.
- The Score Board area for Contingent Buses
The police have further served notice that no vehicle will be allowed to park at unauthorized place or drive through the road blocks.
However, vehicles of VVIPs will be allowed into the stadium.
Source: Ghana | Angelfmonlinegh.com | 2020