Some angry New Patriotic Party (NPP) members and some floating voters in the Offinso South Constituency of the Ashanti Region have warned the leadership of the party in the Ashanti Region to desist from imposing the current Member of Parliament (MP) on them if they seek to retain the seat.
At a press conference in Offinso Abofour held over the weekend, the ‘passionate’ protesters said they will vote ‘skirt and blouse’ if the Chairman Wontumi led NPP leadership in the constituency fails to listen to them.
Below is their full release:
We, the people of Offinso South Constituency wish to express our utmost disgust about a discovered hidden agenda of the Ashanti Regional Executives of the New Patriotic Party(NPP) to impose on us the incumbent Member of Parliament, Hon Abdallah Bandah as the Parliamentary candidate of the NPP in this year’s elections.
We want to state clearly that not all of us are members of the New Patriotic Party but people who are much concerned about the development of the Offinso South.
We are much aware of the
dominance and popularity of the party in the constituency, especially during
thisthree-year period of the President, Nana Addo Danquah-Akuffo Addo which has
been full of remarkable policies and interventions. Owing to the high affection
we have developed for the NPP government, we are much optimistic that any
candidate presented by the NPP to run for the parliamentary seat will
automatically win, hence, the need for us all to be very much concerned about
who the party choses to represent her in the upcoming elections.
Our Member of Parliament has performed surprisingly poor throughout the twelve years he has been in that position despite all the counsel and support he has enjoyed from the chiefs and people of Offinso South.
He has not been an agent of development but a politician fighting for his selfish and parochial interest. Mr. Abdallah is only interested in employing diabolic and deceptive means to get re-elected all the times.
Traditional authorities in the constituency are very livid that the Member of Parliament has disappointed them and their people, and have started chastising the him publicly at all functions where the legislator is present or not.
Financiers of the NPP in the Offinso South Constituency have ceased proffering their support for party activities due to Hon. Abdallah Bandah’s inactivity and lack of regard for chiefs and his constituents.
Considering the above, we the chiefs and people of Offinso South hereby declare that:
- If the NPP’s leadership in the region does not allow their rules and regulations on elections to work to elect who leads the party in this year’s elections but choose to go wayward to impose Mr. Abdallah Bandah on us, we shall turn our good hearts from the NPP and massively vote any of the sons or daughters in the constituency whom we deem better to represent us in parliament through independent candidature.
- The NPP party stands at suffering from voter apathy in Offinso South in this year’s elections.
- We, the Chiefs and the people of Offinso South would be disappointed in the leadership of the NPP in the Ashanti region for disrespecting us if they turn a deaf ear on our concern expressed in this statement.
- We, the chiefs and our people shall use allpossible means to keep ourselves away from all political functions of the NPP in this constituency.
- We shall go beyond the NPP leadership in the Ashanti region to get our concern addressed.
Long Live Offinso South Constituency!
Long Live Ashanti Region!
Long Live Ghana!
Source: Ghana | Angelfmonlinegh.com