The two Military personnel who were arrested in connection with the failed coup plot tested the weapons that were manufactured by the local blacksmith at the Teshie shooting range, it has emerged.
The testing of the weapons, Angel News’ Maame Afia Duker who was at the Kaneshie Magistrate court reported formed part of preparations for the coup.
Their names were given as Colonel Samuel Kodzo Gameli and Gershon Akpah who is a civilian employee in the army.
According to the charge sheet read at the court, the local blacksmith charged GHC 2,300 per pistol and GHC 400 per explosive.
The two were subsequently remanded into custody and will re-appear on 9th October, 2019.
Three others who are believed to be the ring leaders were arraigned early this week and remanded into BNI custody.
They are Dr Frederick Yao Mac-Palm, a local weapon manufacturer Dornyah “Ezor” Kafui and freight manager, Bright Allan Debrah Ofosu aka BB or ADC. They all denied the accusations.
They were charged with the following:
1. Conspiracy to commit a crime – Manufacture of arms and ammunition without lawful authority.
2. Conspiracy to commit a crime – Possession of explosives and firearms without lawful authority.
3. Manufacture of firearms without lawful authority.
4. Manufacture of explosives and ammunition’s without lawful authority
5. Possession of explosives and firearms.
More to follow…
Source: Ghana | Angelfmonlinegh.com